Need a Vacuum Cleaner?
Finding the perfect vacuum is not as easy as it seems. It is important to understand the peculiarities of the space where the vacuum will be used. A vacuum to be used for tile floors is not the same type for other types of floors. Pet owners should get vacuums that are suitable for pet hair.
Getting Started with Vacuums
Having a vacuum cleaner is essential to keeping a clean home or office space. It is, however, important to ensure that you have the type of vacuum cleaner that suits your space. Getting the wrong vacuum cleaner requires you to use extra effort in the cleaning process. And sometimes even after applying the extra effort, a wrong type of vacuum might not clean your space well enough. Here are some tips on how to choose the right vacuum for your space.
How To Choose the Right Vacuum For Your Space
Broadly, there are two types of Vacuum Cleaners:
The Cylinder vacuums are small and relatively compact cleaners. They often come on wheels which make them movable as the hose are attached. A cylinder vacuum cleans basically on suction.
Cylinder vacuums are portable and light. This makes them easy movable and usable on staircases. Personal experience has shown that a cylinder vacuum is most suitable when you’re considering getting a second vacuum for outdoor use or tight spaces.
The portability of Cylinder vacuums makes them very easy to keep. This feature also makes them very suitable for use along with the corners and edges of the carpet.
Upright vacuum cleaners, on the other hand, are much larger machines. Most Upright vacuum does not just depend on suction. Upright Vacuums come with a brush bar that beats out the dirt from the carpet, after which the machine then sucks it up. The brush bar also grooms the carpet. However, in instances where you have to use an upright vacuum for tile floors or other types of bare floors, you can turn off the brush bar.
There are opinions that cylinder vacuums are not as effective as upright vacuums but ultimately it depends on the kind of space, you’re getting a vacuum for.
Several manufacturers have come up with varying modifications to the brush bar and other tool attachments of the upright vacuum. If you have a large house, having an upright in your home might not be a bad idea.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Vacuum
- Height Suitability-The Upright vacuum is not suitable for tall people. An upright vacuum might require a tall person to stoop which may lead to pains in the back.
- Suitability for Carpets-Some vacuums is not suitable for certain types of carpet. For instance, a vacuum might remove the threads from Berber carpets. It is, therefore, important to check with the manufacturer of your carpet before using a type of vacuum.
- Getting to Corners-Not all types of vacuums get too tight corners. Some types of vacuums might require attachments when you want to clean tight corners.
- Weight of the Vacuum-Some vacuums is not easily transported, especially in houses where you have to climb staircases. So, you might want to consider the portability of your vacuum before getting it.
- Type of Filters in the Vacuum- Several vacuums come with different kinds of filters. The filter is majorly to trap microscopic particles which may include pollen and dust mite droppings. These filters aggravate asthma and allergies. Currently, the best types of filters are HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) filters.
For instance, using a bagless cleaner may cause a lot of dust when emptying it. Someone with allergies might want to consider a vacuum with a sealed disposable bag system. This type of system allows for changing the bag without necessarily being exposed to dust.
- The Bag-free cleaning Option- This option is not recommended for asthmatics or people with allergies. A bag-less vacuum allows for full suction throughout the cleaning process. This saves time and the stress of emptying the dirt. The Bag-less vacuum also saves you the cost of buying bags.
- Pet hair features of the Vacuum- Any good vacuum should be able to get pet hair off the floor. However, a vacuum that has been designed for pet owners should help get fur off the sofa and stairs. Some vacuums even come with a rotating brush that fits into the vacuum hose to help beat suction fur from stairs, seats, and car interiors.
Some types of Vacuums to consider
Eureka NES210 Blaze 3-in-1 Swivel Lightweight Stick Vacuum Cleaner Dark Black
The NES210 Blaze is an Upright Vacuum from Eureka. Eureka is a reputable manufacturer when it comes to vacuums. The NES210 Blaze offers a 3-in-1 function that allows users to customize their vacuums to suit their needs. Interestingly, the NES210 only weighs 4 pounds, making it quite portable. Like several other Eureka products, the NES210 is easily maneuvered and has a high cleaning efficiency, especially when compared to other upright vacuums. The NES210 also has great pickup power. Another important thing to note about the NES210 is that it is a very good option if you’re on a tight budget, the NES210 is quite affordable.
- Very Affordable
- High Cleaning Efficiency and Pick-up Power
- Washable Filtration system
- Environmentally safe package
- Easily maneuvered and portable
- Might not be suitable for carpets due to the absence of a beating brush
- Location of Power button might cause frequent turning off and on
Eureka NEU180B Lightweight Powerful Upright, Pet Hair Vacuum Cleaner for Home, Graphite
The NEU180B is another upright vacuum cleaner from Eureka. The NEU180B weighs about 10 pounds. The vacuum comes with an adjustable height setting (five height adjustment settings). This makes it suitable for us for tall people. The vacuum is suitable for different forms of floors and carpets. The NEU180B comes with a dusting brush, upholstery tools, and an extra-long crevice tool to clean tight corners. The NEU180B requires timely emptying of the dust cup and an occasional rinse of the vacuum filter. This saves any maintenance cost associated with the use of the vacuum.
- Height Adjustment setting makes suitable for tall people
- The extra-long hose makes it suitable for cleaning crevices and tight corners
- An extra-large cup reduces the frequency of emptying the cup
- Suitable for various floor types
- Not very portable (10 pounds)
- Brush spin may cause spreading of dirt when used on carpets
- Vacuum costs over $50
BLACK DECKER Dustbuster Cordless Vacuum, 16V (CHV1410L)
The Black Decker Dustbuster is a handheld cylinder vacuum. This type of vacuum is more suitable for corners and tight spaces. The Dustbuster does not come with a cable to connect to a power source. The vacuum relies on a Lithium-Ion battery that may last for up to 18 months. This, together with the Dustbuster being lightweight, makes it very convenient for use across many spaces. It’s convenient to use the Dustbuster for staircases. The vacuum also cleans based on a cyclonic action to keep the filter clean and power strong. The filters, however, would still require occasional washing for thorough cleaning.
- Very portable vacuum
- Used for a wide range of spaces (including staircases)
- Used conveniently for outdoor purposes (since it doesn’t require connecting to a power source)
- Might not be suitable for very dirty carpet and floors
- Only clean small area per time
EUREKA Mighty Mite 3670G Corded Canister Vacuum Cleaner, Yellow, Pet, 3670g-yellow
The Mighty Mite 3670G is another vacuum cleaner to look out for from Eureka. The Mighty Mite 3670G is a cylinder vacuum. It is suited for quick cleaning due to its portability. The vacuum comes with an auto-off feature for when the vacuum overheats. This might be a major turnoff for the Mighty Mite 3670G. Nobody likes their vacuum going off in the middle of cleaning. The Mighty Mite 3670G, however, comes with a blower port to blow debris from surfaces. The size of the vacuum allows for its use outdoor. However, you might have to worry about finding a power source to use.
- Good Cleaning Efficiency
- Portable Size
- Used for Home and Auto
- Auto-off feature protects against overheating
- Comes with a blower port
- Not to be used for heavy cleaning
- Should not be used over a long period (Auto-off feature kicks in)
Bissell Featherweight Stick Lightweight Bagless Vacuum, 2033, One Size Fits All All, Blu
The Bissell Featherweight Vacuum is an Upright Vacuum from Bissell. The Featherweight has a powerful suction that makes it valuable in cleaning carpets. The vacuum consists of three machines; a stick vacuum, a handle vacuum, and a stair vacuum. This makes the Featherweight Stick very versatile in cleaning. The vacuum also comes with a crevice tool that is to be used for furniture and a floor nozzle meant to be used for stairs. Interestingly, despite all these features, the Featherweight stick still comes in a sleek and portable design which makes it very handy and easy to use.
- Easy to Use
- Versatile in cleaning
- Lightweight (about 2.6 pounds)
- Affordable (Less than $50)
- Would be better with a longer cable
- Small Collection Chamber
- No hanger (for people who might want to hang during storage)
MOOSOO Vacuum Cleaner Corded Stick Vacuum with HEPA Filter 17Kpa Powerful Suction 2 in 1 Handheld Vacuum for Hard Floor D600
The Moosoo Vacuum with HEPA Filter is an upright vacuum. Although it is used in a handheld mode. This makes the Moosoo Vacuum Cleaner very versatile in its use. The vacuum has a high suction power which makes it suited for a wide range of floor types. The vacuum also comes with a High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filter. The Moosoo vacuum, unlike most typical vacuums, has a sophisticated filtration system with 4 stages Advanced filtration system (Cyclone filtration, Cylinder filtration, HEPA filtration, and Sponge filtration). This is a major plus for Moosoo Vacuum. The most impressive part is that with all these features, the vacuum only weighs 2.8 pounds.
- Light Weight (2.8 pounds)
- Versatile in cleaning (comes with a crevice tool)
- Good filtration system
- Adjustable tube
- High suction
- Suitable for hard floors
- Not suitable for cleaning carpets
Black+Decker Ultra Light Weight Black & Decker BDASP103 AIRSWIVEL Lightweight Upright Cleaner, Pet Vacuum, White
The Airswivel Lightweight BDASP103 is an upright vacuum. The Airswivel Lightweight vacuum has amazing maneuverability. It weighs about 8.8 pounds which is definitely not the lowest you’d get. The Airswivel Lightweight has a large dust cup capacity (2.1L). This reduces the frequency of emptying the dust cup. The vacuum also comes with an ergonomic handle which is one feature that makes the Airswivel Lightweight vacuum stand out.
- Ergonomic handle
- High cleaning efficiency
- Suitable for removal of pet hair
- Easily maneuvered
- Difficult to use with hard floors
- Not versatile in use
- Costs over $50
- Weight can be lesser
Bissell Cleanview Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner, Orange, 1831
The Bissell Cleanview Vacuum, Orange, 1831 is an upright vacuum cleaner from Bissell. The unique selling point of the Cleanview Vacuum is that it comes with One Pass Technology. One Pass Technology allows you to clean a surface with one pass with a vacuum. This requires a good brush design and high suction power. The Bissell Cleanview vacuum also comes with a multi-cyclonic filtration system for lasting suction.
The vacuum is easy to carry and used across a wide range of floor types. Setting up this vacuum is difficult if you’re not handy with the necessary tool though.
- One Pass Technology
- Good Suction Power (Multi-Cyclonic Suction System)
- Multi-Level Filtration
- Suitable for houses with pets
- Setting up requires some technical knowledge
- Costs about $99
Eureka NEU182A PowerSpeed Lightweight Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner, Blue, Basic
The NEU182A PowerSpeed is an Upright vacuum cleaner for Eureka. The NEU182A Powerspeed comes with a high suction power and has very high cleaning power. The nozzle of the vacuum is 12.6” wide. This means more surface area is covered leading to a shorter time in cleaning. The NEU182A Powerspeed vacuum weighs about 10 pounds. This limits the extent to which it can be moved around. The height of the vacuum may also be adjusted based on the height of the user. Another feature that makes the NEU182A lovable is that has an extra-large dust cup (4.1L). This allows you to clean more areas with less frequency of emptying the cup.
- High suction power
- Wide Nozzle (12.6” wide)
- Extra-Large dust cup (4.1L)
- Affordable cost
- Weight is 10 pounds
- Not as versatile in cleaning
- Might need to get a longer nozzle separately
BISSELL Deluxe Replacement Filter Bundle
The Bissell Deluxe is a handheld vacuum cleaner. Although the size of the vacuum limits its use, it also makes it more applicable in certain types of use. The vacuum is portable and is recommended for homes with pets due to its cleaning efficiency, especially with respect to pet hair. The vacuum can also be fitted to some other Bissell models.
- The vacuum is handy
- Suitable for removing pet hair
- Adaptable across several types of surfaces
- Used for car cleaning
- Small surface area
- Small cup size
Choosing a Vacuum Cleaner
Choosing the vacuum that suits your needs requires understanding the space where the vacuum is to be used. If you’re looking for the best vacuum that’s under $100, you might want to pay close attention to the Bissell Featherweight Stick. The vacuum serves as both an upright and cylindrical vacuum. It has a high suction power and the most interesting part is getting it won’t require you breaking the bank.
Searching for the perfect vacuum cleaner for your space is as important as looking for a high-quality robotic pool cleaner. Access to the best robotic pool cleaner to get your own one if you are interested in it.
You May Also Like:no posts found